CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Auction Knitting

I have been doing a bit of knitting for an up and coming Fundraiser Auction for the Kate Buntine Foundation. This foundation provides financial assistance to families of Type 1 Diabetic juveniles starting on pumps.

Having a little one with GEFS+ I know first hand the strain a sick child can put on a family. The regular hospital trips, waiting on test results, having to explain to a sibling that the planned activity has to be cancelled again because their little brother needs to go to hospital. On top of this a lot of families are also faced with financial strain due to the cost of medications and specialist equipment.

So head on over and check out the sneak peeks, there are lots of gorgeous items being created by some very talented mum's and grandmas. I am sure you will find something you love and know that the funds are going to help ease some of the pressure families of Type 1 Diabetic juveniles face.

I am hoping to squeeze in a few more items, but so far off the needles is a 9mth size Versa in Mosaic Moon Cornish Pixie.


and a pair of Ultimate Frilly Capri's again in Mosaic Moon Cornish Pixie.



I am also very excited (and a little nervous) that I have my first custom knit on the needles. I have cast on a pair of Ultimate shorties and the colourway is coming up a treat, hopefully the intended recipient feels the same.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful knitting. Love the capris.

The recipe I used for the finger buns is here http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Finger-Buns-L9747.html

The first time I made them they were really nice the second time a little dry, I think I left them to rise too long?